Recent political developments in Myanmar have led to the imposition of targeted sanctions by the US, UK and EU in the past month. As a result of the measures imposed, businesses may face immediate challenges in doing business in, or with, the state. Another challenge businesses will face is the prospect for additional sanctions.
Join AMCHAM Myanmar and Baker McKenzie for a special webinar with insights on the following:
• Overview of US, UK and EU sanctions and their application to Myanmar
• Implications of the relevant sanctions on businesses currently operating in Myanmar (including corporate groups with branches or subsidiaries in Myanmar)
• Implications of the relevant sanctions on the provision of goods and services directly or indirectly to and from Myanmar
• Implications on, and structuring of, M&A transactions involving sanctioned countries (for e.g. where targets or JV entities have a Myanmar presence) and contractual considerations such as warranties on compliance with laws
Date and Time: March 30, 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
Venue: Zoom Webinar. A webinar link will be sent to you one day in advance.
Tickets: FREE for members. USD 35 per non-member. Two pax per company allotted for this webinar.
Booking deadline: March 25, 12 pm
* Capacity is limited and tickets are on a first-come-first-served basis
* Prior booking and prepayment required for access
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.