Please join AMCHAM Myanmar as welcome special guest Dr. Michael Martin, Adjunct Fellow (Non-resident), Southeast Asia Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) (USA). Dr. Martin will address the membership on the various potential outcomes of the current economic and political crisis facing Myanmar and will analyze options of each potential outcomes. From November 2006 to February 2021, Dr. Martin was a specialist in Asian affairs at the United States Congressional Research Service (CRS), keeping the U.S. Congress informed about the situation in Burma, Hong Kong, and Vietnam. Dr. Martin has also testified before congressional committees in both the House of Representatives and the Senate concerning the situations in Burma, Hong Kong, and the People's Republic of China.
This session will be conducted under Chatham House Rule and is off-the-record. This session is not open to members of the press. For press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date and Time: July 29, 9 am to 10 am (Myanmar Time)
- Venue: Zoom Webinar. A webinar link will be sent to you in advance.
- Tickets: FREE for AMCHAM Myanmar Members
- Booking deadline: July 27, 4 pm (Myanmar Time)
- Capacity is limited and tickets are on a first-come-first-serve basis
- Prior booking is required and no walk ins accepted.
- Tickets are non-transferable.
- This event is open to members only.